Call me a dork, but I love making to-do lists. I love the feeling of accomplishing something and checking the little box.
I also love fall and everything cozy that comes along with it. I figured, in an effort to make the most of the season, I’d put together a few things I’d like to do as the leaves change colors.
1. Go to a harvest festival…Half Moon Bay hosts a great pumpkin festival each year
2. Buy a my first (yes, my first) jar of real maple syrup
3. Start a movie club (since everyone knows I usually just end up going for the food and wine anyways, let’s skip the book and make it a movie instead)
4. Bake my own turkey…and host a mini thanksgiving for friends
5. While on the theme of cooking, test a few pie recipes to find a signature holiday dessert
6. Invest in that perfect chunky sweater
7. Run in a local race (Nike’s? US Half? California Int’l?)
8. Take a weekend trip to Vermont and experience real autumn foliage
9. Do more grocery shopping at the farmer’s market (extra virgin truffle oil and fresh-baked bread, anyone?) instead of my regular Trader Joe’s runs
10. Find a way to give back…consistently